Sunday, September 13, 2020

Week FOUR - The Flipped Classroom Experiment

    As many of you know I have decided to go back to school and get my second master's degree in Education Technology Leadership. I am learning a lot about what it means to be a digital leader, and the lessons are definitely relevant to teaching during these unprecedented times!  Last week's lesson centered around the flipped classroom. Watching the videos inspired me to try some flipped lessons, thinking that this would help my virtual learners as well as my f2f learners.   I think they went alright, and the students seemed engaged. However, there is definitely reoom for improvement.  Flipping the lessons not only allowed me to walk around and answer questions, but it also allowed time for me to check on my virtual learners to ensure that they wwere getting the attention they needed as well. I will definitely be flipping more lessons next week. 

    This week, our AVID tutors started coming. I will have virtual and face-to-face tutors, and I have been doing a lot of reading on what tutoring is going to look like. We played a great get-to-know-you came called Drawasaurus. It is basically a digital pictionary game. The tutors created private rooms for our students to join, and  I mixed up the f2f students with the virtual students. It was great! I jumped back and forth from room to room so I could monitor what was going on, and everyone was engaged! It was great to see the virtual kids and tutors getting to interact with the f2f students and tutors. This experience really inspired me to find more activities that will engage all of my learners and facilitate true collaboration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Showing Gratitude to our Teachers!

                   My students continue amaze me. Our big project for AVID this semester was to create a video to express our thanks to all ...